[SOLVED] GPU causing loud beep and static noise from speakers ?

Mikey520

Honorable
Nov 7, 2015
Since last week all of a sudden my PC started making a long beep and static noise through my speakers. I noticed it the first time when I left my PC idle on my desktop. The only way to stop the noise is when I restart my computer.

Other than noticing these sounds from my desktop, it started happening more so when playing games (Dota 2) I experienced the long beeping noise followed by either the game freezing or black screen with pink pixel lines.

I used DDU to remove my display driver and reinstalled the driver again. After my PC rebooted I was able to play games like normal for the next 2 days without error (Crysis Remastered) Today as I was playing Crysis Remastered again the static noise came on and the game froze for about 3 seconds, and then I was still able to play the game but the static noise kept going on so I manually closed the game and restarted the PC without force restart.

So another uninstall with DDU again and no errors for now but I know within a day or so it will happen again since I do a lot of gaming. Could this sound/crash issue be a bug with a recent NVIDIA driver update? I did a scan of my drives and no errors, so this leaves me to rule out that this must be a problem with my GPU. Only had it for about 2 1/2 years. A GTX 1060 seems hard to come by these days, and the price would put a hole in my wallet. Any suggestions?

SPECS

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: Intel x58 chipset
RAM: 12gb
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
PSU: 1000 watt

Solution
If your bios is Award , 1 long beep then stop then long beep then stop long beep etc is ram problem. If it is one long continuous beep then it is memory or graphics card not detected. Check your memory by using one stick at a time and seeing if it boots with it. Then if memory is good then you know you have a gpu problem. You can try installing a Nvidia driver one back from the latest from Nvidia web site.
If your bios is Award , 1 long beep then stop then long beep then stop long beep etc is ram problem. If it is one long continuous beep then it is memory or graphics card not detected. Check your memory by using one stick at a time and seeing if it boots with it. Then if memory is good then you know you have a gpu problem. You can try installing a Nvidia driver one back from the latest from Nvidia web site.

Solution