[SOLVED] GPU causing monitor, keyboard, and mouse to lose power?

Vxlite

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021
So everything was working fine the day before. Was able to play Witcher 3 for a couple of hours when suddenly a TDR timeout popped out in my screen. Assuming that it was a driver problem I uninstalled the driver I had (21.3.1), and installed a previous driver the website had (20.5.1). Everything worked out fine 'till the evening. This morning when I turned on the pc, my peripherals wouldn't turn on, that being my monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I tried restarting for a couple of minutes but to no avail. I read in a thread somewhere that removing the power supply cable from the pc and waiting for a couple of minutes would fix it and it did. But as I tried restarting the pc again the monitor, keyboard, and mouse wouldn't turn on again. I decided to remove the gpu and use the motherboard instead and everything worked. I restarted the pc again to see if my peripherals wouldn't turn on again but they're working now. Is it safe to assume that my gpu is the problem?

Specs:
CPU: R3 2200g
Mobo: Gigabyte A320m v1.1
GPU: Gigabyte RX 570 4gb
Ram: 16gb HyperX (8x2)
PSU: Corsair RM 650w

Solution
it could be the PSU as often if USB won't even power on it could be a power issue.

USB & PCIe both use the same control chip so it could be GPU, I guess, I would try running GPU in another PC and see if it behaves the same.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be the PSU as often if USB won't even power on it could be a power issue.

USB & PCIe both use the same control chip so it could be GPU, I guess, I would try running GPU in another PC and see if it behaves the same.

Solution

Vxlite

Commendable
Jul 1, 2021

I recently replaced my PSU back in the first week of July. There were some problems with the old PSU which is why I had to buy a new one. In regards to the GPU, I'll try it if I get the chance. My brother is planning on building his own rig soon, so I guess I'll try testing my GPU with his system. Thanks for the reply.