[SOLVED] GPU Causing Static Speakers and No Internet?

Dec 15, 2020
Hi guys, I've been in the midst of trying to fix my pc for the past few days...

So my old GPU broke and I decided to go get a replacement NVIDIA Ge-force GTX 960 whilst I wait for the 3070's to come back in stock as I'm in no rush.

Everything seems to be going well, I plug the new GPU in and set it up.

Problem 1: My headphones and speakers have an insane amount of static noise, I cannot hear audio (or it's very low when playing a song or a movie) and all I can hear is white noise. I've uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them, manually installed them... I honestly don't know what else to do.

Problem 2: Everything is running fine but I cannot get any internet if I plug my Ethernet cable into the Ethernet slot. Whereas it was working before. The only way I can get an Ethernet connection is if i use an Ethernet to USB connector and plug the USB into my PC.

(My current motherboard is the Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi, and I pretty much bought it).

Hopefully someone can help me out.
Thanks

Solution
Could be getting interference to the audio card, only fix for that is a add-on sound card, external USB one is best. Did you check both rear and front audio connectors?

Ethernet not working, are you getting link lights on the port? Did you check Device Manager to make sure the card in installed there without errors? Try removing the card from there and re-installing the drivers?
Could be getting interference to the audio card, only fix for that is a add-on sound card, external USB one is best. Did you check both rear and front audio connectors?

Ethernet not working, are you getting link lights on the port? Did you check Device Manager to make sure the card in installed there without errors? Try removing the card from there and re-installing the drivers?

Solution