[SOLVED] Gpu choice

maverick383

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
So I’m finally in a position where I can justify upgrading my gpu (gtx 260), and for the last few months I’ve had my mind set on the 1660 super, but after recently browsing my local CL and FB marketplace I seen a few 1070’s for ~$190-200, and we all know what a great card the 1070 is, making what I thought was an easy decision more difficult. Though I’m concerned about the age of them, at this point they are 3-4 years old and it being “the” gaming card to have, are probably run pretty hard. The other thing is the architecture, I’m not a bleeding edge gamer but I would like to have something that is somewhat future proof, and the 1070 is arguably past the end of its life. We bought a Quest for my son and we have a blast with it, so dedicated VR is something that I will likely get into.

So should I go for the deal and spend ~200 on a used 1070, or drop an extra 20 and get new 1660 super?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The 1070 can be 10% better at the most in a few odd games.

Past that they're evenly matched.

I'd rather spend the extra $20 and have a brand new card with warranty.

maverick383

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
That was my gut instinct as well, but wanted a second opinion, I didn’t know if there was something I was missing about the 1070.

I feel better about moving forward now, thanks.