GPU Choices, need help.

leapozlmao

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
If you look at my previous post, I am having some issues with my computer, that I suspect are due to the age of my GPU (nearly 2.5 years old, Zotac GeForce GTX960 4GB AMP!).

Along with this new issue presented, I was planning on upgrading anyways. I need a GPU within my price range, which is ~$250 max hopefully, and it should run my games better, the two most frequently played and most demanding being Tom Clancy's : Rainbow Six Siege and Rust. I also tend to record videos with ShadowPlay, so it would preferably be a Nvidia card.

I was thinking of getting a GTX 1060, but the 6GB is currently higher than my price range, so I want to know how much of a difference I would expect between the 3GB version and the 6GB version, as well as maybe my 960 if doable. If there are any other GPU recommendations better than the 1060 or equivalent but cheaper, please tell me.

Edit 1 : Also forgot to list my specs, not sure if it is needed, but figured I might as well list them.
CPU : AMD fx-8350 Black Vishera
GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 960 4GB AMP!
RAM : 16GB DDR3
Motherboard : MSI 970 Gaming
HDD : 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive
SSD : 500GB Samsung
Case : NZXT S340

if you also have a solution to my previous problem, please inform me :)

yizzyluiz

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
Hi friend, I used to have a hard time making these tough decisions about the best you too.
But luckily made the right decision...Now I run ultra graphics games at 1080p.

Check here: <removed>

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unfortunately, given the spike in graphic card prices due to availability/crypto-currency mining, there are no cards, better than your current GTX 960 available for under $250. Looking at your previous issue, have you tried using a different output? It looks like the card may be faulty, but it might (slim chance) be that just that particular output has failed. Also try reseating the card and reinstalling drivers.

However, if it is, in fact, a failed graphics card, then I'd probably suggest a GTX 1050Ti as a replacement. They can be found from around $180 (PC Part Picker List). It should be about on par with your current GTX 960.

-Wolf sends