[SOLVED] Gpu choppiness

Jul 25, 2019
Right so recently i have bought a brand new rx 570 from eBay and have installed it the way a video on YouTube showed me as it is my first graphics card, however when i go into games the frame rate is high like for example in apex legends on modest settings i can get 60fps while having good quality, but this is also where the problem occurs. No matter what settings i use or AMD radeon software settings i change i still get this constant stutter which makes the games i play very unplayable. I have searched it up and came across many possible solutions like reinstall my drivers with DUU, re slot the card my ram, check the computer with a different monitor and then changing every type of setting possible yet the problem still resides. So i have now came here to get help and try every type of theory possible and then if it doesn't work then i'm guessing i have received a faulty GPU.

Might be needed i dunno but my specs are:
Ryzen 5 2400g
b450 pro4
(2x8)gb 2666mhz
sapphire nitro+ rx 570 4gb
sandisk plus 240gb
1tb barracuda
evga b3 650w bronze

Please tell me i don't have to buy another GPU!

Solution
Try the RX570 in another computer, and see what happens to the display there.
If still choppy, then that suggests a faulty card.
If no longer choppy display, then there must be a problem in the original computer. We'll look into that after, if necessary.
If no longer choppy display, then there must be a problem in the original computer. We'll look into that after, if necessary.

Solution
Jul 25, 2019
Unfortunately, i do not know anyone who has a computer system i can put it into.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Without having a way to test, it makes it really hard for us to help troubleshoot. On the plus side, almost any computer syatem would work to test. Even legacy 2005 circa computers would work. Ask your grandma?