Question GPU claiming to be drawing insane amount of power

Dec 1, 2020
Hello, Randomly yesterday when I was trying to game I noticed my frames were as low as 20 in games i normally push over 200. A quick check on MSI Afterburner showed that my GPU clock speed would not go above 300 under any circumstances, even after playing with the sliders. I opened up GPU-z and in the attached image View: https://imgur.com/a/CmKXjoD
u can see the sensor ratings while the PC is IDLE showing an insane power draw that i cannot seem to fix. I tried switching out the pcie cord, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows, checking NVIDA settings for power etc. to no avail. My main question is if there is anything else i can do to try to fix this before I try a RMA. its the holiday season and I would rather not have to deal with that rn. The graphics card is an EVGA 2070 super that I bought back in august. I am not that tech savvy so i did as much as i could find manually online. hoping someone can give me some advice or guidance. thank you in advance. s

FULL PC SPECS:
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 Watt
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB

Dec 1, 2020
How could it be drawing that much and yet remain at relatively normal operating temps ? Sensors are shot/defective ?
i figure it is not actually drawing that much "which is why i put "claiming" in the title" as it would probably explode lol. But i think that the GPU thinks its receiving that and downclocking itself. therefore i cant get it to go higher.

Reactions: spacejunk