[SOLVED] GPU cleaning resulted in no beep and no signal to monitor HELP PLZ

kikogeorge123

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
Yesterday i took my pc apart cleaned the dust reapplied thermal paste to both the cpu and gpu,(GTX 750 1gb ASUS) put everything back togheter and my pc would not signal beep codes and monitor shows no signal. I tried a old 9800GT and the pc booted normally i tried the 750 on another computer and it does the same what could be the problem i took pics of the 750 where i spotted something burned, any opinion will be in Help :)

GPU Pics Link: View: https://imgur.com/a/afd2jQU

PC SPECS:
Intel Core i5-4460
Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 R4
2x8GB DDR3 1600
Cooler Master 450 80PLUS bronze

Solution
You probably nicked the main chip, it is very delicate and unprotected. Even a small scratch will put an end to it. Take a high-res shot of the die and I will be able to tell.
The bad component you spotted is likely a shot capacitor for the memory power phase... but if it worked before you took it apart, it should not be the issue.
You probably nicked the main chip, it is very delicate and unprotected. Even a small scratch will put an end to it. Take a high-res shot of the die and I will be able to tell.
The bad component you spotted is likely a shot capacitor for the memory power phase... but if it worked before you took it apart, it should not be the issue.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution