GPU clock drops to 0% in games, Battlefield 1 and Fortnite for 5-10 seconds at a time

Oct 31, 2018
Hello. For the past few weeks, Battlefield 1 and Fortnite have been freezing for 5-10 seconds at a time, and I don't know why. I tried a bios update, and overclocking my gpu but that didn't help. Earlier on the page with the Advanced Systemcare stuff I tried, but I don't have it on my system, or at least I don't think. Can anybody help? My specs are as followed:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F3, 8/8/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.82 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 8.99 GB
Page File Space 7.95 GB
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX GeForce 1060 6 GB
Current drivers: 416.34

Oct 31, 2018

Sorry for being gone for long, and I don't think that the network speeds are the issue. Other processes requiring internet are working perfectly fine, only games. And may I also note that the drops are happening only in these two games, none else. Here are my internet speeds: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7772474784 Hard drive is wd blue 1Tb

I am assuming you have the games patched and drivers up to date. Do your games slow or freeze at specific points in the game or random?

Make sure Windows 10 is "decrapified", much runs in the background, some for spying purposes. The easiest way to get rid of that is to download and install Anti Spybot Beacon. The other way to do it is manually. I have done both and even removed some of the programs that comes with Windows 10, some, again, are there simply to farm data aka spyware.

Then download and use CCleaner, the free one works just fine, when new versions arrive you have to update manually or uninstall the old and install the new. That program removes a lot of trash that accumulates over time, and it does not take long to get over 1,000 new chunks of mostly spyware or data that can be farmed, 2 hours of surfing can get you 2,000 even when running Adblock PLUS. All of that should be clean off every day, otherwise you will have millions of data chunks choking your system.

You should do the above even if you had no game problems.

I cannot get my hands on your computer and diagnosing at a distance can be difficult, especially software related problems.

After you do the above, get back to us here please.