[SOLVED] GPU clock fluctuating while gaming RX 6700XT

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello guys I just bought a Rx6700xt and I noticed that my GPU clock is fluctuating from 2600 mhz to 1700 mhz while playing gaming.I wanted to know if there is an option to fix this issue.
My system is RX 6700Xt i9 9900k 750WPSU 16 Gb ram 3200mhz.
Thank you!

Are you sure something else isn’t maxing out when that happens? I just ask because the GPU clock is dynamic. It’ll fluctuate based on demand to save energy. So if something else is limiting it. It won’t run at full speed because it doesn’t need to.

To check the CPU isn’t maxing out. You need to view all threads. If any one hits 100%. You’re being limited.

I noticed that my GPU clock is fluctuating from 2600 mhz to 1700 mhz
as it's supposed to do.
while gaming my core clock will boost up to 2950MHz but will fluctuate down to ~2200MHz when it can.
same with memory. from 2150MHz down to ~2000MHz when it can.
I wanted to know if there is an option to fix this issue.
you may be able to use some type of clocking software that can lock it at highest speeds but this shouldn't be necessary.

johnsoner13

Respectable
You can set a minimum clock in the radeon software. I have mine set at 2.4ghz and it greatly reduced clock fluctuation. Performance wise, no discernible difference for me, although i think it can reduce latency in cpu bound scenarios

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
as it's supposed to do.
while gaming my core clock will boost up to 2950MHz but will fluctuate down to ~2200MHz when it can.
same with memory. from 2150MHz down to ~2000MHz when it can.

you may be able to use some type of clocking software that can lock it at highest speeds but this shouldn't be necessary.
Thank you for your answear,if I lock the closk in the amd software it will damage my cards life span?

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
You can set a minimum clock in the radeon software. I have mine set at 2.4ghz and it greatly reduced clock fluctuation. Performance wise, no discernible difference for me, although i think it can reduce latency in cpu bound scenarios
I will try this,but my concern is that if i have locked clocks it will damage my card lifespan.