GPU Clock Speed stuck at 135 MHz while Gaming or Idle

dexcraft25

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I downloaded Nvidia Inspector to see If I could spot any problems causing the poor clock speed, however with my current knowledge I don't see anything that jumps out at me.
RndwX

You mean GPU clock speed? GPU's will under power themselves when sitting at the desktop idling. Download GPU-Z and click the question to start a render test, under the sensors tab your GPU clock should boost to 1300+ depending on what card you have.

Marq7GA.png

WrCJxBI.png

dexcraft25

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

Basically when I boot up my PC it runs at the defaults MHz for a little less than a second, then it just defaults to 135 MHz and stays at that constantly even If I'm gaming it just remains at 135 MHz. It never changes no matter what I open or do, but my power and temperature are steady and normal. Even running the GPU-Z Stress test it just remind a constant line.

Nov 6, 2018
I am dealing with a similar issue right this moment. I have been attempting to overclock my Alienware 15 R2 a little over 4 months now. I have found stable clock speeds and, settled with them still attempting to push this beast to it's max. It is on it's last leg as is. Processor and GPU probably need another pasting otherwise the board is good however; physically the same could not be said. Anyhow i am trying to utilize the boards lifespan, am at the highest stable clock I have achieved in a very long time I have been fighting with P-State issues. It has been throwing a no load perfcap when benchmarking, as well as constant fluctuations between P0 and P8. While in P8 it is a constant shift between 135mhz and 405mhz. Will let you know if I come to a solution.

TRENDING THREADS