GPU clock speed very slow

mastermatt120

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
My GTX 970 used to be running at around 1300mhz, give or take 50. Now, it's around 185. I've tried anything I could think of, but I'm just wondering if I could get a bit of help. Thanks

Solution
Nvidia control panel messes up teh clock speeds sometimes and it can get stuck in idle. Open nvidia control panel>Manage 3D settings>Set power management mode to high performance and reboot. You can try at a later time putting it back to adaptive and it may work then, im not sure what is wrong with this utility, they will hopefully update is at the release of pascal...

Ethanh100

Honorable
Nvidia control panel messes up teh clock speeds sometimes and it can get stuck in idle. Open nvidia control panel>Manage 3D settings>Set power management mode to high performance and reboot. You can try at a later time putting it back to adaptive and it may work then, im not sure what is wrong with this utility, they will hopefully update is at the release of pascal...

Solution

mastermatt120

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

You are a legend man, thanks a million.

I thought I killed it or I got a virus or something. Control panel has been doing my graphics card dirty recently. Stereoscopic 3d was randomly put on recently and I thought the same thing then. Idk what's up with it.

Again, thank you so much man.

Hypoc223

Reputable
May 21, 2017

I owe you, man.
I was just about to get a new processor, thought I bottlenecked my GPU.