Question GPU clock spikes and makes loud noise

For the time being, please do not use NZXT CAM app to monitor the GPU parameters. Use this tool instead, GPU-Z. TechPowerUp GPU-Z (v2.41.0) Download | TechPowerUp

What's the Make and model number of your power supply unit/PSU ? Need more info on full system specs. Also, most importantly, when does this GPU clock SPIKE occur ? In IDLE desktop mode, or when the system/GPU is under full load/stress ? But I presume it happens in idle mode as well, since it says 2% Load in the nzxt cam app.

On a side note, also please do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, and other GPU monitoring software as well.

Aug 14, 2021
For the time being, please do not use NZXT CAM app to monitor the GPU parameters. Use this tool instead, GPU-Z. TechPowerUp GPU-Z (v2.41.0) Download | TechPowerUp

What's the Make and model number of your power supply unit/PSU ? Need more info on full system specs. Also, most importantly, when does this GPU clock SPIKE occur ? In IDLE desktop mode, or when the system/GPU is under full load/stress ? But I presume it happens in idle mode as well, since it says 2% Load in the nzxt cam app.

On a side note, also please do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, and other GPU monitoring software as well.
I have a rtx 3060 XLR8 dual fan from PNY, I have 4x8 Gb corsair vengeance rgb pro, I have an asus rog strix x570-f gaming mb a ryzen 7 5800x cpu and a 1000w P1000G gigabyte psu (modular 80+ Gold)

Aug 15, 2021
I have the same issue as well, both of my CPU and GPU randomly boost to their max frequency whenever I'm just browsing or at desktop. Would like to know a fix.