GPU clocking too much power

Apr 16, 2018
Good day! I'm brand new to building PC's. I had bought a gaming rig off my friend, it had gotten stolen but I eventually managed to get it back with most of the pieces.

It came with an old Radeon GPU when I got it back but I'm trying to re-install my Geforce GTX 770 and upon trying to start it, it seems to get power for a split second and then dies.

The case I own is a Cooler Master HAF X 942 Full Tower the current graphics card I have installed is some Radeon that makes a shit ton of noise. I'm pretty confused here and could use some help, I'm hoping my new GPU isn't broken - it's much better!

I assume you have both the 8 and 6 pin connectors hooked up to the card.

Next try the card in a different PCI slot.

If that fails and assuming the computer starts up without the card in then the only thing would be to try the card in a different computer to verify the card is dead.

I also assume you are taking the old Radeon out before you try to put the 770 in? It may be a conflict between the two cards.

Apr 16, 2018
I'm going to try these things, I'm having issues removing the lower card from the PCI slot, it seems to be stuck in there tight and the case is so old and fragile that one of the levers snapped already, bare with me!

PS; I'll be getting a new case sometime soon anyhow, I just wanna see this PC at it's max capacity again, it used to work, never had issues before it was messed with.