Question GPU Clocks Under Load

May 1, 2023
to be honest I’ve not really monitored by GPU clock speeds before but I wanted to take a look at them and I’m not sure what to make of mine. I have no overclock or changes to the settings at all;

my RTX 3070, under normal gaming load, I think hovers anywhere from 800-1200mhz in clock speeds; it doesn’t usually go to the max core clock of ~1700 (forgot the exact number) unless it spikes briefly

is this like, too low, I thought the clocks would’ve consistently been higher. I run Heaven Benchmark and all my games at a capped 60fps with Vsync and everything, so does that have an effect on how high/low my clock speed goes? I don’t have performance issues afaik

on idle I’m pretty much always at 210mhz, consistently

Kindly provide FULL and complete PC specs first. Use the GPU-Z toll to monitor the clock speeds. If you don't have performance issues, then I wouldn't worry too much. What is the GPU temp value and usage while gaming ?

Though, you can also use MSI Afterburner software with RivaTuner to monitor the stats/OSD while playing games in real time.

May 1, 2023
Kindly provide FULL and complete PC specs first. Use the GPU-Z toll to monitor the clock speeds. If you don't have performance issues, then I wouldn't worry too much. What is the GPU temp value and usage while gaming ?

Though, you can also use MSI Afterburner software with RivaTuner to monitor the stats/OSD while playing games in real time.
I have a 5800x CPU, a Phanteks Revolt 1000W PSU, B550-F Motherboard, and 32gb ddr4 ram (chipsets up to date, graphics drivers are ~3 versions behind with no major issue)

hotspot temp is usually 50-60c in games, and I don’t really monitor utilization much but Core Load in games like Elden Ring and Monster Hunter are usually around 90%

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
capped 60fps with Vsync and everything, so does that have an effect on how high/low my clock speed goes? I don’t have performance issues
It does affect boost. The driver deems that full boost is not necessary to achieve playable performance at the settings you run.
It will boost higher if it does come across something in game that warrants it though.
Now, if you want to throw power use to the wayside just to see those higher numbers, simply remove the caps you've placed.