[SOLVED] Gpu coming up connect pcie cables

Apr 29, 2020
I just upgraded my gpu to a 1660ti from a 750ti but my old gpu didn’t have a power cable running into it new one does so I went and bought a 8 pin pcie male to 2x8. Now when I turn on screen says press power button and connect pcie cables to graphics card

Solution
I just upgraded my gpu to a 1660ti from a 750ti but my old gpu didn’t have a power cable running into it new one does so I went and bought a 8 pin pcie male to 2x8. Now when I turn on screen says press power button and connect pcie cables to graphics card

What exact PSU is this? Adapters are almost invariably a bad idea as a common place for fires to start. And if this PSU only had a single PCIE cable, it's probably a very low quality one you don't want to be using anyway.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

What exact PSU is this? Adapters are almost invariably a bad idea as a common place for fires to start. And if this PSU only had a single PCIE cable, it's probably a very low quality one you don't want to be using anyway.

Solution
Apr 29, 2020
its a Corsair cs650m psu and I bought the cable online as bought computer a few years ago and couldn’t find the box for psu