Question GPU Compatibility doubt?

RolandoL

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Hi guys, someone is willing to gift me a new graphics card and I am not clear about wich one to pick up, I have two candidates

EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6GB
EVGA RTX 2060 XC GAMING ULTRA 6GB

Obviously I prefer the rtx, but my real question is if it will fit my PC, and I present you my setup.

-Board: Asus z170 Pro Gaming
-CPU: i3-6100
-RAM: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz
-PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650G (3x20amp rails)
-Monitor: 1080p Element brand

This is all, I prefer the rtx because is newer and is superior but can it fit?,or the gtx 1060 is better. Or do I need to upgrade some component in order to use the rtx.
Thanks in advance!

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah the RTX 2060 is much better, get that.

Both cards should work fine with your setup.

Both cards will be bottlenecked by your i3, but the 2060 is still the better card to get. I would recommend finding a 6th or 7th gen i7 to drop in aswell.

Hi guys, someone is willing to gift me a new graphics card and I am not clear about wich one to pick up, I have two candidates

EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6GB
EVGA RTX 2060 XC GAMING ULTRA 6GB

Obviously I prefer the rtx, but my real question is if it will fit my PC, and I present you my setup.

-Board: Asus z170 Pro Gaming
-CPU: i3-6100
-RAM: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz
-PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX650G (3x20amp rails)
-Monitor: 1080p Element brand

This is all, I prefer the rtx because is newer and is superior but can it fit?,or the gtx 1060 is better. Or do I need to upgrade some component in order to use the rtx.
Thanks in advance!

That is an odd setup, high end motherboard, RAM and power supply, low end CPU and low quality monitor.

i5-6600 is a good start to upgrade to for a 1060 or 2060, there is also the newer 1660 Ti video card that is very good for the money. If you are looking for Ultra settings, that depends on the game, you would want the best CPU you can afford of course, if you limit yourself in CPU/video card speed then you will need to accept whatever performance you get.

TRENDING THREADS