[SOLVED] GPU compatibility with my PSU

Aug 23, 2019
hi!
I have a problem I have bought a rtx 2070 super and I don't know if it's compatible with my PSU =thermaltake tr2 s 700w. can someone please tell me if it's compatible with this GPU.
Thanks!

Solution
the model is Nvidia RTX 2070 super founders edition.

Ok. The specs for your card state supplementary 6-pin + 8-pin, Your power supply has two 6+2 pin outputs. This is what you need to connect to your graphics card. For the 6-pin PCI-E power port, you will leave the extra +2 pin dangling (it won't hurt anything). For the 8-pin power port, you will connect the 6-pin with the 2-pin to make the 8-pin needed for the graphics card.

-Wolf sends
Yes, it is compatible, but do NOT use that TR2 MODEL....Stay away from it. Most of the Thermaltake TR2 Models are of very inferior and poor quality, and they are recommended for high-end Gaming PCs.

Please don't use this TR2 Model for such a high-end GPU, the RTX 2070 S. It's your wish in the end though.

Aug 23, 2019
The power supply has two 6+2pin power connectors. I haven't seen any graphics card that requires more than that, so you're good to go.

-Wolf sends
i am sorry if i will say something wrong i am a beginner in pc building but the RTX 2070 super needs 8+6 pin connectors and isn't that more than 6+2 pin conectors?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm sure what you're reading is actually an 8 (6+2)-pin. If you could tell me the model number and manufacturer of the RTX 2070 Super, I can verify for you.

-Wolf sends

Edit: As you can see from the image, the 6+2 (when connected together) make a single 8-pin.

ANTPCIE-04-2.jpg

Aug 23, 2019
Your PSU is having two 6+2-PIN PCI-e cables, so if the card requires one single 8 and one single 6-PIN cable, you should be good. But like I mentioned above do NOT use this PSU for such a high-end GPU.
thanks for the anwser!But i don't have enough money to buy a power supply right now so i will be stuck with it for a while.

Wolfshadw

Titan
the model is Nvidia RTX 2070 super founders edition.

Ok. The specs for your card state supplementary 6-pin + 8-pin, Your power supply has two 6+2 pin outputs. This is what you need to connect to your graphics card. For the 6-pin PCI-E power port, you will leave the extra +2 pin dangling (it won't hurt anything). For the 8-pin power port, you will connect the 6-pin with the 2-pin to make the 8-pin needed for the graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Aug 23, 2019

-Wolf sends
Thanks!