[SOLVED] GPU Compatible with Motherboard?

Feb 10, 2021
I just bought the MSI Radeon rx 5600-xt GPU, but I am getting a black screen after I get the initial ~10second BIOS boot up. The fans are running, and everything is correct, but am wondering if it's just not compatible with my 10.5 year old motherboard. It is an Asus p7h55 motherboard, i5 CPU 670 at 3.47GHz.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
You'd also need a new processor since UEFI boards started showing up two-three generations down the line. As an alternative, you can look for a PCI based video card such as the GeForce 610. Though since searching for a PCI video card will hit a bunch of PCI Express ones, a way to tell if it's PCI is if it has two notches on the edge connector.
Feb 10, 2021
Genius, thank you! Except looks like my motherboard only has one x16 PCIe slot.. Not sure what the other 3 slightly smaller slots are for. Guess that means I have to buy a new motherboard?

You'd also need a new processor since UEFI boards started showing up two-three generations down the line. As an alternative, you can look for a PCI based video card such as the GeForce 610. Though since searching for a PCI video card will hit a bunch of PCI Express ones, a way to tell if it's PCI is if it has two notches on the edge connector.

Solution
Feb 10, 2021
Would the ASUS Prime B550-Plus - ARGB Header (1) motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor be compatible with the rx 5600-xt graphics card? I can't imagine it wouldn't be, but just want to be 100% sure.