[SOLVED] GPU conflict?

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I have a Gigabyte RX590 that I want to pair with a Sapphire NITRO AMD RX. Would there be any conflicts? I think no cause they are both AMD Polaris but want to be sure.
Yes I know crossfire don't worth it in 2019, but what can I do. Already have the Gigabyte RX590.:rolleyes:

Solution
You mean another Saphire RX590? Then no, there won't be any conflicts. You can mix brands, as long as the GPU (chip) is the same.

Despite what may be different clockspeeds, mem speeds etc, it will downclock both in Xfire to the lowest common denominator. Whichever card is lower clocked.

As Lutfij has said though, ensuring you have a capable PSU to power the Xfire setup is important.

And I'd totally agree with Lutfij on the single v dual GPU's. Having the single best card you can afford is the way to go. Sell the RX590 and get a RTX2070 super, or RX5700xt. You will enjoy the experience more.

SLI/XFire aren't supported much anymore, and still have micro stutter issues. From the fun point of view and playing around have 2 GPU's is...

Lutfij

Titan
Why would you want to pair the cards when you can easily just deal with the single most powerful card your wallet can bare...? You should also keep in mind that even if you can enable crossfire on your platform, you're going to need a lot of juice.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
You mean another Saphire RX590? Then no, there won't be any conflicts. You can mix brands, as long as the GPU (chip) is the same.

Despite what may be different clockspeeds, mem speeds etc, it will downclock both in Xfire to the lowest common denominator. Whichever card is lower clocked.

As Lutfij has said though, ensuring you have a capable PSU to power the Xfire setup is important.

And I'd totally agree with Lutfij on the single v dual GPU's. Having the single best card you can afford is the way to go. Sell the RX590 and get a RTX2070 super, or RX5700xt. You will enjoy the experience more.

SLI/XFire aren't supported much anymore, and still have micro stutter issues. From the fun point of view and playing around have 2 GPU's is cool. But the downside being the scaling in games is crappy, and the whole fad is less supported now by game developers, and is on it's way out IMO

Solution

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I have a Corsair 750M and I want to pair the Saphire RX 590 with a Gigabyte RX590 I already have. I can afford the prices of the RTX line and I would never cross to the "Dark side":devilish: and 5700 series is out of my league.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Why would you want to pair the cards when you can easily just deal with the single most powerful card your wallet can bare...? You should also keep in mind that even if you can enable crossfire on your platform, you're going to need a lot of juice.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
CPU: R5 3600
mobo: Asus ROG Strix B-450 F Gaming
G. Skill Flare X 16GB 3200
WD Black 500GB NVEMe (main)