GPU cooling fans

dannymiller312

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
my gpu fans are making noise and stuff and i am going to replace them. since i am already replacing them is there upgraded fans i could put on like ones with higher rpms or better are flow. i have a gigabyte gtx 1050ti oc windforce.

Solution
Well, having replaced fans on one of my video cards recently, I'll tell you, I'm betting the fans on your windforce are available for purchase and I'm betting they're compatible with fans on most of the current generation of windforce coolers. That being said, I'm also betting that finding a "better" fan that fits your heatsink is not going to happen. Seeing as how you're using a 1050TI, I'd recommend you stick with the stock fans. It's not a high power/high heat GPU, "better" fans are not really going to get you any further up the performance ladder. Getting a good TIM might help you get a few degrees cooler from where you're at now, and that might be worth a few hz on the boost(*shrug, it's a big maybe).

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Well, having replaced fans on one of my video cards recently, I'll tell you, I'm betting the fans on your windforce are available for purchase and I'm betting they're compatible with fans on most of the current generation of windforce coolers. That being said, I'm also betting that finding a "better" fan that fits your heatsink is not going to happen. Seeing as how you're using a 1050TI, I'd recommend you stick with the stock fans. It's not a high power/high heat GPU, "better" fans are not really going to get you any further up the performance ladder. Getting a good TIM might help you get a few degrees cooler from where you're at now, and that might be worth a few hz on the boost(*shrug, it's a big maybe).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS