GPU core downclocking help

Feb 16, 2018
Hi,

I've got a Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB and wanted to see how far i could push it, using MSI Afterburner. My PSU is 750w 80+, so that shouldn't be an issue.

After a few hours of tests, i have reached a stable maximum of 2100MHz core and 4800MHz memory. From what i read, this is a great oc for memory. That's nice. The card stays at 60°C, fans are set at 90%, Voltage is set at 100%, Power is set at 116% and Temperature limit is set at 92°C.

However, the core does go down to 2038MHz after a short while, sometimes rising to 2050MHz, then going back down. Any ideas why?

Solution
What does it do under a stress test? That should max the card out and keep it at its maximum setting. If what you're seeing occurs during gaming, then I would say it's due to variable load on the GPU and it's changing its frequency accordingly.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
What does it do under a stress test? That should max the card out and keep it at its maximum setting. If what you're seeing occurs during gaming, then I would say it's due to variable load on the GPU and it's changing its frequency accordingly.

Solution