Gpu covering PCI need help.

Orcus

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I have a asus sabertooth 990fx R 2.0 and have just switched to evga gtx 780 sli. Problem is the pci card slot is being covered. I'm using a m-audio delta 1010 lt so it has to be a pci slot. I tried a riser cable but it still would not let me install the graphics card it was really close though. I'm going for as cheap as possible anything to make it all work.

I don't know if there is a cheap thunderbolt solution that I'm missing or a pcie to pci chassis of some sort that isn't going to cripple the finances. I don't understand why they would design it this way? I could move the gpus to the x4 and x8 slot but that is pretty weak.

If anybody has anything for a fix I would be very grateful

I thank you all in advance for your time!

Orcus

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Just tried, and that's not gonna work either the fan hits the connector pins on the bottom of the board so x4 and x8 is off the table. I thank you for the suggestion though! I think I'm gonna need a pcie to a pci chassis of some sort. I know they make adapters but they are for low profile cards and the delta 1010 is not.

I don't know if it would affect SLI, but I have seen CrossFire exhibit adverse performance when both cards were not in matching slots.

Is the SLI setup for gaming or for use with the Delta 1010? Is it absolutely necessary for all of those cards to reside in the same computer?

Perhaps use a PCI-e extension cable for the graphics card instead of an extension for the PCI slot.

Orcus

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Alright so my solution is to just stick with one gpu. After benchmarking I only gained marginal performance increase anyways which surprised me. I'll just wait until the 800's are born and just step up then. Thanks everyone for the help.