[SOLVED] GPU Covers pci slot

Mar 2, 2021
Hello, I want to install my old SSD from my laptop into my recently built PC. However, the motherboard does not have a m.2 slot, hence I have to use an adapter. However, I think the gpu is covering the slot, so what should I do?

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M S2 2.0
GPU: Gtx 1650

Solution
I would do that, but I do not want to spend extra money. Is there an alternative to a pci adapter, such as a converter like the one for hard drives?
I am not sure what the SSD is, but it came with a HP Pavilion 15 cs-0079tx, and it is 128GB
I also want to work with this SSD as it already has windows installed, and my current PC does not have windows activated
Your windows from the HP drive is not going to work with a PC you built anyhow it would require a fresh install and probably still not be able to activate it.
Mar 2, 2021
I would do that, but I do not want to spend extra money. Is there an alternative to a pci adapter, such as a converter like the one for hard drives?
I am not sure what the SSD is, but it came with a HP Pavilion 15 cs-0079tx, and it is 128GB
I also want to work with this SSD as it already has windows installed, and my current PC does not have windows activated

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your windows from the HP drive is not going to work with a PC you built anyhow it would require a fresh install and probably still not be able to activate it.

Solution