Gpu, Cpu, and Motherboard swapout

Aug 18, 2018
Hi all, so im going to swap out my cpu, gpu and motherboard, are there anythings that i should do after i swaped these commponents out?
thanks.

Solution
Not really, you could clean your pc a lil bit before you replace those components. The only thing you have to do is to download drivers for your new gpu. :)
Dec 30, 2018
Not really, you could clean your pc a lil bit before you replace those components. The only thing you have to do is to download drivers for your new gpu. :)

Solution
after? first thing first figure out the cpu and mobo are compatible. dont buy a ryzen with an intel mobo… then figure out if your ram is compatible (check if your current ram is the right ddr. if its ddr3 and you buy a ddr4 board, they will not work with each other.

also check if the gpu and cpu you buy are good enough for what you are doing. (gaming, workstation, server ect.)

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
You may have problems with old motherboard drivers still hanging around once you have installed the new drivers for your new motherboard. This is why I prefer to reinstall windows when I change the motherboard.