[SOLVED] GPU CPU upgrade or just one?

JohnnyN55

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello everyone just gonna put this out there before that my computer is bad and i dont play much but here we go. I am trying to figure out whether I should upgrade my CPU and GPU or just one of them. I only play fortnite and I am currently using a GTX 950 and a AMD FX 4300, I barely get 60 frames on low settings. Please help me out, thanks. Also have a 760GM-P23 motherboard.

Solution
For gaming you should always upgrade GPU, a simple 1060 will hold you fine for fortnite and your CPU wont be such a bottleneck.

But that being said, if you do more productive work you should upgrade your CPU, but doing so will either require you get a CPU compatible with your board or get a whole new motherboard altogether. Choice is yours.
For gaming you should always upgrade GPU, a simple 1060 will hold you fine for fortnite and your CPU wont be such a bottleneck.

But that being said, if you do more productive work you should upgrade your CPU, but doing so will either require you get a CPU compatible with your board or get a whole new motherboard altogether. Choice is yours.

Last edited:
Solution