Question GPU & CPU usage and low in-game performances on a freshly bought RX6700 XT

AtoOmoS

Reputable
May 28, 2020
Hello,

I just bought an Aorus RX 6700 XT that I installed in my current rig :

I7 7700, 16GB RAM (2133 mhz), SSD 500GB, Corsair VS 650 watts

It came in replacement of a RTX 3050, because I found I had low performances with it.

But I still have (REALLY) low performances with this new card, even though I updated the drivers, checked that my RAM was in dual channel and that the graphics card was well plugged with the power supply.

By low performances, I mean that I have like 50-80 FPS in 1080P (I have a BenQ XL2411P so I can't go further in termes of res) in Warzone 2, no matter the graphics settings. I know the game poorly optimized, but I wish had more fps; especially in very low settings... Maybe I should try in another game, bc most people got really good FPS with card in 1080P.

However, when looking at both my CPU and GPU usage, both dont go further 50% of use; I don't really get why.

Ram frequency bottleneck? CPU bottleneck? If someone could explain what's wront in my current setup, it would be cool. And what should I upgrade first.

Thanks a lot for you replies :)

nimbulan

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2016
Definitely a CPU bottleneck, unfortunately. That 7700k is getting on in years. You can't really rely on the overall CPU % utilization since games generally can't utilize a CPU's full resources anyway, and only one thread needs to bottleneck to cause a problem.