[SOLVED] GPU + CPU Watercooling

Hi All,

I've had a custom loop for some time now that's been dedicated to just the CPU. I just got a water block for my Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP Extreme and I'm wondering if the loop would be adequate with adding a GPU to the mix.

XSPC RX240 Kit
http://www.xs-pc.com/rasa-kits/rasa-750-rx240-watercooling-kit

I'm thinking I might need another RAD or possibly a better pump but if it can handle it I'd prefer not to spend money on upgrading :)

Solution
Also fin density matters just as much for a radiator. You got thin, thick, high airflow, sub-800 rpm ones. I think one of my 360mm is rated for 600watts. It kept 2x 1080Ti within reason. The radiator got very warm after a few weeks of folding@home 24/7, but that's what those things are designed to do.

iamacow

Admirable
Who sells a Zotac extreme waterblock? Anyways I don't know anything about that XSPC pump. I know my D5 can handle 480 Rad+CPU+GPU+GPU just fine. So if you can find a comparison of a X2O 750 12V Pump to a D5, that might help. As for the RAD its probably only good for 250 watts. So the GPU alone would eat it up.

XSPC makes crap. I would toss it and start over honestly. I had a similar kit from XSPC when I first started. Than a few years later I got a Hardware Labs Rad + D5 pump and a Alphacool rez. Not only did it look nicer, the temps dropped a good 10c.

That's funny you asked that. I actually had the same question and was looking everywhere but couldn't find anything. I had almost given up but posted a thread and someone came up with the same conclusion but pointed me to something from AliExpress. It appears to be custom crafted from one of those underground market companies in China but I thought it was worth trying it out as it got someone positive reviews. I'm fully aware of it just being a solid piece of metal but it seemed interesting to me.

Waterblock
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BYKSKI-ST1080AMP-X-Full-Cover-Graphics-Card-Water-Cooling-Block-use-for-ZOTAC-GTX1070-1080-AMP/32821638057.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.78d84c4dZYBk7Y

If you have a single 480 Rad I believe that's about the same surface area as a dual 240. Which is what I have so it may work, correct me if I'm wrong.

The pump I can agree with you on. It's just a standard nothing special pump they sold with the kit. Everyone who buys the XSPC kits back in the day always said to upgrade to a D5. Would it be possible to swap out the XSPC pump for a D5 using the same reservoir?

iamacow

Admirable
Also fin density matters just as much for a radiator. You got thin, thick, high airflow, sub-800 rpm ones. I think one of my 360mm is rated for 600watts. It kept 2x 1080Ti within reason. The radiator got very warm after a few weeks of folding@home 24/7, but that's what those things are designed to do.

Solution