[SOLVED] GPU Crash (Random black screens)

Mar 12, 2020
PC Specs:
Radeon Rx 590 GPU
Tomahawk B450 Mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
16 GB Corsair vengeance RAM
750 W EVGA PSU

So for the past year or so ever since I overhauled my PC with a new cpu, motherboard and graphics card I’ve been experiencing a crash that turns my monitors black (No signal) and either leaves the audio playing or creates a buzzing noise based on whatever audio was playing at the time of a crash. This leaves me with only the option of manually turning off my PC and back on again to regain use. The crash happens at semi random points. It most frequently occurs during heavy gaming, but it has also happened during non demanding games and internet browsing. The crash also happens soon after if the PC had already crashed recently. The time frame for the crashes are usually a few days apart if not every other day. Possibly twice a day.

Troubleshooting: My first thoughts were either a PSU issue or a temperature issue. My old psu was an underpowered 400 W that only worked with my graphics card if I used an adapter for the pci-e power connector. It still happened after replacing with the 750 W PSU I now have. For the temperature, I increased my fan curves and installed new fans into the system in hopes of the system staying cooler. My GPU would stay around 70-75 degrees while heavy gaming, which seemed normal. The crash would seemingly happen regardless of gpu and cpu temps during the time of a crash.
After this, I began suspecting my gpu, so I swapped my RX 590 with my brothers Rx 580, and put my 590 into his system. After a couple of days, he experienced the same crash I did, and my system worked fine. So the issue seems to be narrowed down to the gpu itself. Earlier today I opened up the gpu, replaced the dry thermal paste with new paste, and fixed a thermal pad that was oddly folded onto itself. After a few hours of use, my PC crashed again. I’m at a loss.
I’ve searched the internet and forums like this multiple times and have come up with no fix.
Sorry if this post is a bit long, but I just want to be thorough. It seems like the GPU is just faulty, but I want to avoid a full replacement (and spending 300+ bucks) if I can find a fix.

Solution
I think the blackscreen has been an issue with AMD drivers for some people, although I thought it was mainly the Navi cards. Did you try the latest drivers?
Just reread your post and really sounds like a faulty GPU if you tried it in another system with the same result.
I think the blackscreen has been an issue with AMD drivers for some people, although I thought it was mainly the Navi cards. Did you try the latest drivers?
Just reread your post and really sounds like a faulty GPU if you tried it in another system with the same result.

Solution
Mar 12, 2020
I've kept up to date with my drivers, also did a fresh install of my drivers when i removed the 590 for the 580 and vice versa.
Yeah im sort of resigned to the fact its a faulty gpu at this point. Unfortunately i cant seem to find my physical or digital receipt so warranty replacement seems unlikely.