Jul 17, 2021
HI, MY GPU CRASH WHEN INSTALL DRIVERS, AFTER THAT I LOST VIDEO SIGNAL. i Restart the computer but crash again when shown me the logo of motherboard. Same problems in different PCs. In the first dissambling (
screw had the warranty sticker) i can see the imagen below, i clean that with isopropyl alcohol but the problem persist. Sometimes the gpu works again after waiting in the bios for more than 30 minutes and when this happens no fault is seen during normal use. If I turn off or restart the pc during its correct operation, the error will occur again when I try to start windows in the motherboard logo screen ( installing drivers again when works also will crash) Is there a program to see the status of the vram or chip? Can I update the bios so that it limits the gpu to half and thus see if it works with that limitation?

LINK FOR SEE THE IMAGES View: https://imgur.com/a/srzvth4

Jul 17, 2021
don't like to be the scrooge but from the images you posted, it looks like a botched chip reflow job . There's a lot of flux residue all over pcb. That's not how any factory job looks like.
I dont know, when i disambly the gpu the stiker was in screw yet. Looks in video yt the backplate of gpu. sticker still.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
another sign is are the caps in the 3rd image below actual gpu chip, the plastic on first 2 is slightly melted from the gpu side. That usually happens when people are too lazy to use kapton tape to prevent heating areas not next to work area on pcb. Again you'll never see that on factory jobs, not even on factory refurb units. As for the stickers, those are easy enough to remove and put back after :p.

Reactions: GAINT 001
Jul 17, 2021
[QUOTE = "Bazzy 505, publicación: 22392796, miembro: 2884150"]
Otro signo es son las tapas en la tercera imagen debajo del chip de gpu real, el plástico en los primeros 2 está ligeramente derretido desde el lado de la gpu. Eso suele ocurrir cuando las personas son demasiado perezosas para usar cinta kapton para evitar calentar áreas que no están al lado del área de trabajo en la PCB. Una vez más, nunca verá eso en los trabajos de fábrica, ni siquiera en las unidades de renovación de fábrica. En cuanto a las pegatinas, son bastante fáciles de quitar y volver a colocar después :pag.
[/CITA]
so they have sold me something used as new :mad:😭

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
so they have sold me something used as new :mad:😭

that's pretty much summs it up. Now if it wasn't a private sale, and you have some sort of receipt or invoice, you may still be be eligible, depending on juriusdiction you live in, to a relief by filing a complaint with customer protection agency. They generally like to get involved in cases like these.

If that is not an option, it's not all bad news. The fact that you can actually get it to work sometimes after the PCB gets warm, is a strong sign it is fixable if you have decent PC repair shop in the area you live in i would encourage you to take it there. There also quite a few shops that specialize in exactly this type of repair and accept mail-in orders. I would not recommend attempting to repair it yourself, not without proper tools and reasonable understanding what you're doing. Be prepared though you may be quoted anywhere between 100-200 bucks to fix it.

Reactions: GAINT 001