Question GPU Crash with no video signal while gaming or benchmarking ?

Jan 7, 2023
Hello!

Wondering if someone could help me.

Since the last week my rtx 3070 mobile crash and losing video signal. Always with AAA games or benchmarks like Unigine, it's something weird, i can play sometimes for 2h with no crashes, sometimes just 10 mins, its very random, same while benchmarks.
If im gaming, at certain random moment my screen goes black, monitor starts showing blackscreen with "no signal" text, but sound still plays, and only thing i can do is to restart.
If i test with benchmark, most of the times i only lost video signal from laptop, external monitor still working and the benchmark crash, thats weird for me.

I tried several things:
  • Reinstall drivers with DDU
  • Clean windows 10 and 11 builds
  • CMOS / Bios reset
  • All drivers updated
  • Tried with old gpu drivers
  • Undervolt and overclock gpu, still more crashes
  • GPU arround 75-82º while benchs
  • Using only 1 ram slot
  • Using different video / psu cables, hdmi and dp
  • Deactivated anything related to hardware acceleration
  • Editing battery plans to max performance and monitor never go to sleep
I bought the lapatop 1 year ago but can't RMA.
Windows event viewer just say "Kernel Error 41 (63) bugcheck 0" thats just mean there was a force restart in the system, so nothing clear for me.

Sorry if im not clear, english is not my main language

Specifications:

Laptop Model: GIGABYTE AORUS 15P XC
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop 120w
CPU: Intel i7-10870H
RAM: 32 GB

raptor2012rom

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Mine had a similar problem and was running at PCIE x8 instead of x16 mode. For some reason the GPU wasn't fully inserted in the PCIe slot and was lifted a bit on the ports side. Like the metal from the case where u screw it on made the GPU lift a bit causing crashes , extra heating and run at x8 mode. Had to jam it untill it got further down a bit.

Hello!

Wondering if someone could help me.

Since the last week my rtx 3070 mobile crash and losing video signal. Always with AAA games or benchmarks like Unigine, it's something weird, i can play sometimes for 2h with no crashes, sometimes just 10 mins, its very random, same while benchmarks.
If im gaming, at certain random moment my screen goes black, monitor starts showing blackscreen with "nosignal" text, but sound still plays, and only thing i can do is to restart PC.
If i test with benchmark, most of the times i only lost video signal from laptop, external monitor still working and the benchmark crash, thats weird for me.

I tried several things:
  • Reinstall drivers with DDU
  • Clean windows 10 and 11 builds
  • CMOS / Bios reset
  • All drivers updated
  • Tried with old gpu drivers
  • Undervolt and overclock gpu, still more crashes
  • GPU arround 75-82º while benchs
  • Using only 1 ram slot
  • Using different video / psu cables, hdmi and dp
  • Deactivated anything related to hardware acceleration
  • Editing battery plans to max performance and monitor never go to sleep
I bought the lapatop 1 year ago but can't RMA.
Windows event viewer just say "Kernel Error 41 (63) bugcheck 0" thats just mean there was a force restart in the system, so nothing clear for me.

Sorry if im not clear, english is not my main language

Specifications:

Laptop Model: GIGABYTE AORUS 15P XC
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop 120w
CPU: Intel i7-10870H
RAM: 32 GB

How about gpu memory temp? Sometimes you can read it with: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Also, Have you tried to download MSI Afterburner and adjusting the GPU and Memory clock down a little bit? (https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards)

Not sure if you can play with the power targets in the BIOS, but I would try to set the notebook to 105watts and see what happend then.

I know the last thing anyone wana hear is to downclock or lower max power target, but is something I think its worth trying since you can not RMA anymore.

Reactions: abissyc
Jan 7, 2023
How about gpu memory temp? Sometimes you can read it with: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Also, Have you tried to download MSI Afterburner and adjusting the GPU and Memory clock down a little bit? (https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards)

Not sure if you can play with the power targets in the BIOS, but I would try to set the notebook to 105watts and see what happend then.

I know the last thing anyone wana hear is to downclock or lower max power target, but is something I think its worth trying since you can not RMA anymore.
Thanks for reply
GPU temps are ok, usually arround 82º while gpu benchmark with unigine at 5K extreme options
And yes, i tried with undervolt like 775 @ 1600 and less power limit, but doesnt work, i dont know what to do, its a laptop so theres no internal PSU, should i try with a new one?

I check BIOS but theres nothing related with power target

I really aprecciate your help, sorry my bad english