Question Gpu crashes after loading any kind of driver

EdwinTovar

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys, recently I went to update my drivers to vega 56 the latest after uninstalling my old drivers thru the amd software and then rebooting and finishing the install of the new drivers(optional drivers) went to reboot again and the pc crashes after i log into windows.
I have gone into safe mode and rolled back and crashed again. I then went into safe mode and used ddu and downloaded the drivers again (this time the latest recommended version) and crashed again after I logged in. The pc works fine in safe mode and when it just using the windows display drivers. I need help boys n girls.
I have a dual bios card and already tried switching and still crashed. Ive also disabled all startups.
System
Cpu: R5 1600
Gpu: Asrock reference style vega 56 8gb
Ram: 16gb of hyper x predator ram (with the lights n what not)
Mobo: asus B350-f strix gaming
Os build: unsure buy October update i think

Hoping to get this resolved without having to do a fresh install of windows.
Thanks to anyone and everyone who replies to my post!

EdwinTovar

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Is that a brand NEW GPU ? What Power supply unit are you using ? And, which OS do you have, Windows 10 OS ? Was the system perfectly working fine BEFORE the driver update ?

Sorry I forgot to post all of this info yes I and on windows 10(October update). Power supply is a corsair cx650m. Card is not new ive had it for about 2 months now and it was working fine before. I had initially resorted to updating my drivers because i wasnt happy with my in home streaming from my pc to my steam link. Card has also been undervolted -100mv rest of the sliders are stock i.e untouched. Thanks for replying so quickly!