Question Gpu Crashes while opening games/benchmark tools

Aug 1, 2019
Hi, i just wanna ask if my Gpu's dead or if its fixible.

Problems are:

The Pc boots up fine, i can play movies and browse the internet but somehow crashes/freezes when opening games..

This was the first Pc i built and was fine a month ago, i can play games (the witcher 3, MHW, RE2 remake) just fine till the Pc just Overheated..literally, the case was so hot that i had to turn everything off in panic.

tried clean uninstall of drivers..installed new ones..tried using another gpu on hand (gt710) which worked fine..

Specs are

i5 9400f
asus ex 570 4Gb
corsair VS550 Psu
team elite 4gb 2400mhz
Win 10 64bit

May 16, 2019
Hi, i just wanna ask if my Gpu's dead or if its fixible.

Problems are:

The Pc boots up fine, i can play movies and browse the internet but somehow crashes/freezes when opening games..

This was the first Pc i built and was fine a month ago, i can play games (the witcher 3, MHW, RE2 remake) just fine till the Pc just Overheated..literally, the case was so hot that i had to turn everything off in panic.

tried clean uninstall of drivers..installed new ones..tried using another gpu on hand (gt710) which worked fine..

Specs are

i5 9400f
asus ex 570 4Gb
corsair VS550 Psu
team elite 4gb 2400mhz
Win 10 64bit
This could simply mean that your pc got so hot that it just fried the gpu... like the actual component...

EDIT: Btw since your hdmi is going into your gpu and it crashes basically just indicates that the gpu is not functional.