Question GPU Crashing when AC turns on and off

May 17, 2020
I just moved into a new place and I plugged my computer in an outlet next to the air conditioner. Now that summer is coming the AC turns on and off every once in a while and when it happens my GPU goes crazy. I have 3 monitors, they all flicker, screens start jumping from one to the other, turn off and on 2 or 3 times, one of my monitors is vertical so it goes horizontal, changes resolution, etc. After the fact I have to reorganize my screens because they get messed up and the sound is coming out of the HDMI port on the Graphics card so sound stops for a few seconds too.

I do have a UPS which I thought prevented surges and provided a fairly constant voltage to the computer but apparently it's not helping.

My PC:
ASRock MicroATX Motherboard B450M PRO4
Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16) DDR4 RAM
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 570 4GB DDR5 100412P4GOCL
MasterWatt 650 Watt Semi-fanless Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU by Cooler Master
Thermaltake Core V21 SPCC Micro ATX Cube

UPS is CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD but I bought it in 2014 so it's a model a bit older than the one they sell now. I did replace the battery like 6 months ago.

Any chance of preventing this?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Try to put your computer system on a different circuit than the AC unit, presumably window. They take an immense amp boost to start and is probably dropping too low for your equipment.
As a side note. You should be able to have your computer on and unplug the UPS and it keep running if it's properly rated for the load. I suspect this is, at least in part, a bit of your issue.

May 17, 2020
Try to put your computer system on a different circuit than the AC unit, presumably window. They take an immense amp boost to start and is probably dropping too low for your equipment.
As a side note. You should be able to have your computer on and unplug the UPS and it keep running if it's properly rated for the load. I suspect this is, at least in part, a bit of your issue.
I mean I thought of that but I don't know if the whole room is in the same circuit. Should I buy like an expensive large gauge extension cord and run it to the living room just to plug in my computer?