GPU Crashing with Blue Lines on Screen

AzureGamer

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
So, I've looked far and wide all over the interwebs for a solution to this problem and I haven't found one. I built my own gaming PC. My (Windows 7 64 bit) build includes:

EVGA 600 Watt PSU
Gigabyte Motherboard Model: GA-F2A78M-D3H
(2) 4 GB RAM Sticks
AMD CPU
240GB SSD
After market CPU Cooler
And finally,
Gigabyte AMD Radeon R7 250x 2GB RAM

I've been keeping an eye on my GPU temp with a program from GPUTemp.com This gives me readings of about 65 degrees C while gaming. When the GPU overheats I get this sudden screen of death (blue screen with lines)

GPU%20Error%20Screen%20Lines_zpsdrz1loqp.jpg

If anyone can tell me to switch out my GPU for something else or maybe replace mine that would be awesome! And just to give you guys an idea of how ridiculous hot this thing gets i opened up youtube and watched a 3 min video and it got to like 45 C.
GPU%20Problem_zpscetiddyh.jpg.html

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

for a gpu those temps are fine

are you monitoring your cpu temps?

AzureGamer

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
UPDATE:
After further monitoring it's not overheating. You were right about that. I clocked down the GPU and that seemed to solve the problem... for a while. After upgrading the AMD OverDrive software to Crimson Edition though, the problem is happening again (blue lines screen crash). I'm having a hard time finding a sweet spot for where to clock my GPU.
Overdrive screenshot
(Idle)

I also ran a Furmark benchmark and it performed horribly at the specs i previously linked. Here is the benchmark link:
Furmark Benchmark

All drivers are up to date. I'm starting to think my PSU isnt giving the gpu enough power.

Also wanted to mention the audio catches as well when it crashes. Like it repeats the last bit of sound until i force the computer off. I can't do anything but hold down the power button when this happens.

Thank you for any help!