[SOLVED] GPU Crashing

jelles.duin

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Hello,

I've had some issues with my PC lately... When I play more intensive games sometimes all my screens go black and the PC pretty much freezes and I have to force shut it down by taking out the power. I think it's the graphics card but I am not 100% sure. I thought it was over heating so I made it so when it get hotter the fans go faster then normal but same issue keeps reappearing. Any advice how I can trouble shoot this problem and find the root cause?

Additional information:
My AMD Drivers are up to date as far as AMD Radeon says.

My specs are:
CPU: i5-7400
GPU: RX 480
RAM: 32GB DDR4
PSU: Corsair VS550
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Generally, a safe range for your GPU is up until 85+C, and your CPU is up to 80+C, but those are still on the high side and they should ideally be kept 10 degrees below that if possible. They won't throttle themselves until a bit higher than that.

AMD's recording service, Discord and Wallpaper Engine combined seem to be using over 100% of your GPU; it may be overheating or it may be a bug in Task Manager incorrectly reporting the usage percentages. What are the other usage percentages for CPU and memory? They seem to have been cut off from the screenshot.

fromtheveldt

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Do you have any monitoring tools such as HWMonitor or Core Temp? Use one of these to check the temperature of the components in your PC as you're gaming to determine if it's a temperature issue.

fromtheveldt

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Generally, a safe range for your GPU is up until 85+C, and your CPU is up to 80+C, but those are still on the high side and they should ideally be kept 10 degrees below that if possible. They won't throttle themselves until a bit higher than that.

AMD's recording service, Discord and Wallpaper Engine combined seem to be using over 100% of your GPU; it may be overheating or it may be a bug in Task Manager incorrectly reporting the usage percentages. What are the other usage percentages for CPU and memory? They seem to have been cut off from the screenshot.

Solution