Question GPU dead after changing MB ???

JaZne

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
So yesterday I decided to change my MB completely (with all the, CPU, GPU, PSU, ram and other things)..
So I firstly replaced my CPU on MB to see if it will work, I did, saw that it is working for 2-3 sec and I shut down my computer...
Then I have replaced GPU, PSU, Ram, basically everything is same just other on other Motherboard...
I turned it on and it was starting for like 2-3sec, then it shut off.
I tried to turn it on again but it wont start... (When I would press start button, all of the fans would just twitch for a fraction of second, and nothing else)
So I was looking what was the problem for like 2 hours, and finally saw that when I changed the GPU it would work...
Then I've putted everything back together like it all was in the begging, but it would still twitch for a fraction of a second, and wont turn on...
On my GPU I have a green light when everything is plugged correctly (if it is not, then there would be a red light), and when I plug in cable from monitor I have a signal saying Digital/Analog Signal in...
But when I put other GPU, it would work... Does this mean my GPU is dead, its kinda weird cause its showing me a green light and a signal on monitor ???

My specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5450
GPU: Asus GTX 660
PSU: Raidmax 500W
Ram: DDR3 - 1 Corsair 4GB 1333MHz, 1 Corsair 4GB 1600MHz (it goes down to 1333MHz)
MB: Gigabyte P41T-D3P

Specs of other computer:
CPU: Intel Core 2 6400 @ 2.13GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450
PSU: CoolerMaster 400W
Ram: DDR3 - 1 Samsung 2GB
MB: Asus P5KC

----------------------------------

I just hope my GPU is not dead, I hope you guys can fix my problem.
Thanks!!!

Wendigo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
Well, if both system are now working with one card but not the othe one, the yes it looks like the second card is blown. But before throwing the towl, try using other video ports on the faulty card...

JaZne

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
Ok, so today I powered my pc on with the GTX 660, and it started, BUT after 5seconds I could smell a burning smell, so I immediately plugged it off, and there I got my answer...
The gpu is dead now since it burned.... So yeah...

Anyway thanks to all!