Question GPU dead?

Jun 23, 2021
Howdy.

So i have found RX 580 8gb gpu from unused pc. And tried to swap it to my old pc that hs the Gtx 550ti, and no luck. The fans are spinning, rgb lights are on, but nothing shows up on the display. So my questions are.
Is it possible that my old af Motherboard doesnt support this gpu? Or Is it possible that the gpu is fried but the lights and the fans are working?

The motherboard that i have is gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 .
And Pcu is 650w

thanks.

Jun 23, 2021
Don't worry about it. Sometimes, the new graphics card loads up some drivers for certain displays. If lights and fans are working then wait for a couple of minutes. Try restarting your computer using the same card connected. Wait for 15-20 minutes. If still not working then try to change the connectors of your graphics card. The one which connects to your display. Hope this helps. Thanks.

patelrom1992

Reputable
Jun 13, 2018
Howdy.

So i have found RX 580 8gb gpu from unused pc. And tried to swap it to my old pc that hs the Gtx 550ti, and no luck. The fans are spinning, rgb lights are on, but nothing shows up on the display. So my questions are.
Is it possible that my old af Motherboard doesnt support this gpu? Or Is it possible that the gpu is fried but the lights and the fans are working?

The motherboard that i have is gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 .
And Pcu is 650w

thanks.
There are chances that the system wont detect any signals until the drivers are installed.
Recently it happened to me that I was running a GTX 770 and had to swap out with a Radeon HD6670.
Now with no graphic drivers installed the GTX 770 was able to run with Microsoft Basic Drivers but the HD6670 just gave a no signal message.
So I had to install the HD6670 drivers, shutdown , plug in HD6670 and after that it was working fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS