GPU death or faulty?

Rekamaj

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hello, when i first got my 780 Ti back in February I was running ultra on everything. About 5 days ago my games FPS drop to below 10 on every game I play unless i'm low res low settings for graphics. Could this be my 780 Ti dying or faulty? or could it be something else? my whole PC I got in February of this year is it possible that it's only my GPU or could it be something else? i already ordered another 780 TI because i wanted SLI so i guess i'll see if it's my gpu when I plug the new one in or if it's something else...but can anyone help me figure out the problem? I have 18 GB or Ram and an i7 4770k and a Corsair rm1000w psu... Also my Computer loads up quick about a few second start up and shut down and it loads everything quickly...just when i enter games does my computer act up and I also lose sound in games

I am with the above user.

You could have something else using the card as some malware not installs bit-coin or similar mining software on computers to actually make the creators of such software money.

You should grab GPU-Z and ensure that the card is running at the right PCI-E speed when gaming and that it is clocking up properly. This program will also let you check the MAX temp after gaming(and can log a file of all sensors if you want.).
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

If the card is running high load with no games on, you have something using the video card on you.

I agree with you about using Malwarebytes, but Microsoft Security Essentials is terrible; I once got a virus by clicking on the wrong ad. Try something like Avast or AVG.