Question GPU detected but not working

Nov 23, 2020
Hi. My Gigabyte GTX 1070 was working last night when I was gaming. turned my pc off and now all of the sudden its not working. I can get into my pc and use it as normal but only if I use the on board graphics. In Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Engine, it use to show my card properly, but now its showing me a basic Palit GPU, not mine. In device manager, it does show me that i have a GTX 1070 connected but nothing further, what could have gone wrong?

Thing i tried :
  • uninstall and reinstalling my driver
  • reset CMOS,
  • reseating my graphic card

Specs: In case its necessary
I7 8700k
Gigabyte GA-H370 HD3
Corsair CX 750w psu
Ddr4 12 gb ram

Hi. My Gigabyte GTX 1070 was working last night when I was gaming. turned my pc off and now all of the sudden its not working. I can get into my pc and use it as normal but only if I use the on board graphics. In Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Engine, it use to show my card properly, but now its showing me a basic Palit GPU, not mine. In device manager, it does show me that i have a GTX 1070 connected but nothing further, what could have gone wrong?

Thing i tried :
  • uninstall and reinstalling my driver
  • reset CMOS,
  • reseating my graphic card

Specs: In case its necessary
I7 8700k
Gigabyte GA-H370 HD3
Corsair CX 750w psu
Ddr4 12 gb ram

Hello there!

Firstly how old is it and where/who did you purchase it from?

If it's within warranty, RMA it as if the Motherboard isn't reading it's signature correctly something is really wrong with it.