Question GPU device Audio (Monitor speakers) break sound settings when enabled

BinaryGamer

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
All of a sudden today I found that my GPU audio devices (both of my monitors) were showing up as not plugged in. After updating my GPU driver, this issue went away, but it was replaced with the issue that any time I do anything related to the GPU audio devices (open sound setting while they aren't disabled, or play a YouTube video through them) there is a large delay encountered. For example, if I open sound settings with the monitor audio devices disabled, it will open fine and straight away, however if I open sound settings with my monitor audio devices enabled, it will hang for a long time while opening, same with just opening the volume adjuster in the task bar. On YouTube and any other site, this is way more noticeable when playing video, because whenever I play audio through the devices, it will take roughly 10-20 seconds for the video to buffer, then it will start to play. Whereas when I am just using my regular headphones, the videos will load instantly.

When I tested everything on an ubuntu dual boot, everything worked perfectly fine, so I know it isn't the hardware that's the issue. I have also reinstalled the drivers, all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running 2 monitors (1 HDMI and 1 DP) off of a GTX 1070.

BinaryGamer

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
Monitors are: DisplayPort: GIGABYTE G27F | HDMI: ViewSonic VX3276-FHD
My monitor speakers are just connected over the HDMI and DisplayPort ports from my GPU.
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A
I don't have a discrete sound card.
Current windows version is Windows Home: 20H2