[SOLVED] GPU died, I think ?

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019
*Not that good with PC building*
Hello, so a few days ago my GPU died, I think it did... (screen has horizontal/vertical lines, even in Safe Mode, less but still there, in Bios the whole screen is blue). When I was in Safe Mode I decided to uninstall GPU drivers, that helped (turning on the PC) when turned on the lines were still there. While the PC was on I decided to connect the monitor cable from my GPU to CPU, the lines were gone, but then I'm stuck with the Intel GPU (can't play games) and only 60hz. Anyways my question are: Did my GPU died ? If so, is a Zotac AMP Edition 1060 6gb compatible with Gigabyte GA-H81M-D3H motherboard and Raidmax Cobra RX-600AF-B 600w PSU ? My guess is that I can get the 1060 on that motherboard/psu. I hope that what I wrote makes sense and that somebody can help me he. Thanks!

Solution
The vertical lines are a common symptom of a failing GPU, specifically wrt the VRAM IIRC.

The GPU is compatible with the motherboard, yes..... and technically the PSU too, just not 100% sure on it's quality.

If the card is still under warranty, I'd suggest reaching out to Zotac and starting the RMA process.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The vertical lines are a common symptom of a failing GPU, specifically wrt the VRAM IIRC.

The GPU is compatible with the motherboard, yes..... and technically the PSU too, just not 100% sure on it's quality.

If the card is still under warranty, I'd suggest reaching out to Zotac and starting the RMA process.

Solution

nemanja2712

Reputable
Jan 9, 2019

It's not under warranty (got it back in the summer of 2015, it's a r9 270x turboduo). I also know about the PSU (probably will be upgrading in the future). So anyways, I can get this 1060 Zotac to run on this system, sweet. One more question, how will it pair with the i3 4170, is it a huge bottleneck, is it a huge jump from the 270x will I see performance increase ? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS