Question Gpu died, safe to install another one?

Oct 15, 2022
Hey folks,

A few moths ago my gpu died, and I was wondering if it would be safe to install a new one. One day I noticed some dust build-up on the top of my case, so I wiped it off. But I used a little too much force and lifted the front of my pc a bit (an inch at most), when it dropped back down my gpu was artifacting like crazy so I reseated it.
At the time it seemed like all was fine, but a few days later I booted up a game that I had played for almost a thousand hours on the same gpu. But this time, when I booted it up, the fans began to spin like no tomorrow and then my system shut itself off. I'm guessing there was something wrong with the power management of the gpu, but I cant find any physical damage to the card or the power connector.
I've tried to use the gpu in another system, but it wouldn't work in there either, so it's almost certainly dead, but is there a chance that the psu or motherboard could have something to do with it? They both seem to be undamaged aswell.

I'm thinking of testing my sister's gpu to see if teh pcie slot still works, but dont want to risk killing her gpu aswell.
If needed i can provide images of the gpu's board and the pcie connector.

TLDR: bumped pc, gpu artifacted, died when booting up a game, possible power management issue, safe to install new one?

Oct 15, 2022
Full system specs includes the brand and model of the PSU?

What brand and model new GPU are you planning?

Psu: Cooler Master GM G550M
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
Cpu: i5-4460
(dead) Gpu: R9 380 2GD5T OC
Ram: BLS2C8G3D169DS3CEU

I'm considering getting either an rx 580 or a 5600xt, maybe a 5700 if i can find a good deal.