Question GPU discoloured plastic - warranty?

Ureus04

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
Today during routine cleaning of the computer i've noticed small part of discoloured plastic on the inside part of cooler shroud. It's quite difficult to determine if it was done by compressed air condensation effect (Honestly i doubt it since i kept can in right direction and kept checking if air is not getting too cold. Also i don't recall any solvent being sprayed) or plastic mass wasnt stir well during shaping process what led to this part being discoloured from the beginning.
Anyway, sticking to the point. My question is: Can i lose because of that my warranty, or is it not very likely ?
Thank you a lot for your response and time.
Have a great day,

Last edited:

Ureus04

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Thank you kindly for your response. I'm aware that compressed air shouldnt make such discolour effects but i managed to see about 2 cases when it actually did. In my case the discolouration looks almost like 1 cm smudge left by fingerprint (only with difference you cant really wipe it)
What should i do in such situation ? Should i ask directly Card vendor or leave it be ? Im quite concerned mostly because i have about 2 - 4 years of warranty left (Zotac extended warranty) and i'd rather avoid losing it because of such silly detail.

hang-the-9

Titan
Thank you kindly for your response. I'm aware that compressed air shouldnt make such discolour effects but i managed to see about 2 cases when it actually did. In my case the discolouration looks almost like 1 cm smudge left by fingerprint (only with difference you cant really wipe it)
What should i do in such situation ? Should i ask directly Card vendor or leave it be ? Im quite concerned mostly because i have about 2 - 4 years of warranty left (Zotac extended warranty) and i'd rather avoid losing it because of such silly detail.
Since the only people that can answer you are the people providing the warranty you should ask them. For me, having a small plastic piece be a different color is nothing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS