[SOLVED] Gpu disconnects randomly

sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017
Gpu is crashing in most games, with the most recent being (Valheim, SkateXl, Marvel's Avengers, Satisfactory, and Boneworks.

When booting up specified games the game will crash shortly after launch. At times when using programs such as Photoshop or my web browser I will experience a crash also. The programs that supply a crash window all say its a gpu caused crash. Upon checking crash logs for most programs it says the graphics card was disconnected, with further testing most had the same message.

Attempted Solutions

1. Deleting all graphics drivers and reinstalling them.
Reinstalling windows
Buying and replacing the Gpu

Result-Zero Impact on crash issue

2. Resetting and updating bios version
Reseating ram in different slots
Buying and replacing Psu

3. Bought and replaced Mother Board
Bought new m.2 ssd
Cry

I have tried numerous unlisted fixes, and to no avail. Im at a loss. I have spent just shy of 1 grand in the past year alone trying to fix the problem and I just dont know what to do any more to fix the problem.

ADITIONAL NOTES

The Crash: Screen freezes for 5-10 seconds. Graphics card fans sometimes speed up for 2-4 seconds then slow back down. Audio continues playing throughout. After the 5-10 seconds of frozen screen it will turn black then close a crash dialog will pop up.

I am able to get around an hour more or less of game time before getting the crash If I restart my computer.

I have seen that there were similar threads, however as similar their situation was to mine what worked for them hasn't worked for me.

Problem has persisted for roughly 2 years now.

Specs
Cpu - Ryzen 7 1800x
Gpu - Rx 5700 xt-new Was-Rx 580
Memory - 16 gb DDR4
Storage - 2 TB HDD
- 1 TB HDD -new
- 500 GB SSD -new
- 256 GB SSD
Psu - 650w Plus Gold -new
Mobo - ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II -new Was-Asus Crosshair Vi hero
Wifi/Bluetooth - AC1200 Wifi Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe Adapter -new
Case -
Meshify C

Last edited:
Solution
Is your ram overclocked? If yes then return to SPD/Stock speed and see if the crashing ceases.

Make yourself a memtest86 boot disk and test your ram please. Always comes in handy.
If it doesn't crash after 6 hours then ram is not the issue.

sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017

popatim

Titan
Is your ram overclocked? If yes then return to SPD/Stock speed and see if the crashing ceases.

Make yourself a memtest86 boot disk and test your ram please. Always comes in handy.
If it doesn't crash after 6 hours then ram is not the issue.

Solution