Question Gpu display issue after connecting to tv

Oct 1, 2022
After connecting a tv to the hdmi, which worked ok, starting from the next boot, the hdmi seems to not work at all, dvi shows the bios splash screen and then no signal, if i enter setup i get a low resolution and clicking settings shows this bin file is incorrect error which have seen in other threads but with no solution, ( bios reset/cmos removed not helping either)
Disconnecting the gpu and using the integrated one seems to work fine,
any ideas what could be causing this error or what to try?

also to add this is an older pc the gpu is a gtx 970 and has been running fine for years

Last edited:
I would try uninstalling the driver for the GPU, then shut down and remove the card. Boot up without it, run DDU to clean any other remenents, and download the latest driver for that card from nVidia. Shutdown and reconnect the GPU..run your download drivers and select 'clean install'.

Reactions: final1cut
Oct 1, 2022
thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately nothing worked, i also switched the gpu from another pc into this one and worked fine and also tried this gpu to the other pc and has the exact same behavior, so it does seem to be the gpu, just surprised that it got damaged like this after connecting the tv, not sure what else i could check with the gpu

this thread seems very relevant the tv output is also mentioned but seems unresolved https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bin-file-is-incorrect-bios-error.3342055/

Last edited: