[SOLVED] GPU display turns off when under presure

Aug 29, 2019
So I've a GTX 1080 g1 from gigabyte , i7 3770s with a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV motherboard and a 500w power supply and sometimes while I'm playing games the display just turns off and i'm forced to hold the power button for 4 seconds and then it reboots like normal I believe it's a motherboard problem not getting enough power to gpu would I be right in saying that?

Solution
ACE A-500BR

This looks like some generic local PSU model. Never heard about this PSU brand before. I wouldn't advice you to use this PSU on any gaming PC. Not for stressful gaming sessions.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACE-500W-PSU-12cm-Red/dp/B005FW0Q48

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.
Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
ACE A-500BR

This looks like some generic local PSU model. Never heard about this PSU brand before. I wouldn't advice you to use this PSU on any gaming PC. Not for stressful gaming sessions.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACE-500W-PSU-12cm-Red/dp/B005FW0Q48

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.
Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
A few mistakes here. Buying a cheap, junky power supply is the first. Using a molex adapter for a high-power GPU is the second. The last mistake was even turning the PC on afterwards!

You're fortunate you haven't destroyed your $500 GPU yet. If you must run this PC before getting a proper PSU in there, remove the GPU and use the integrated graphics.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS