Question GPU doesn’t seem to fit in my computer dispite being compatible with all oher components.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
I just got the Asus Strix Gaming Radeon RX 580 but it doesn’t seem to fit in my computer. The computer chassis is the BitFenix Nova TG and the motherboard is the Asus Rog Strix B450-F Gaming ATX AM4. I used PCPARTPICKER to pick the parts and even though PCPARTPICKER states that the parts are all compatible and that there are no issues with them the GPU doesn’t seem to fit.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
marek_shields, you are probably right the GPU is most likely too long.

Edit: Wait I just looked it up on PCPARTPICKER, the case can support GPU length of 300mm and the GPU length is 298mm.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Should be able to remove that center divider that holds 2.5" drives, that'll clear a 400mm+ gpu since case dimensions put 430mm or 460mm+ as either height or length. Minus 30mm for fan and case = somewhere around 400mm.

PCPartPicker isn't always 100% accurate but part of that is that other users can claim information as wrong. If someone took out that divider (which is probably not included in BitFenix compatability, just cards with the divider) and claimed PCPartPicker was wrong, it'll show up as compatible to the next person.

Doesn't help that in the Overview BitFenix claims max gpu length of 280mm, yet in specs page that's 290mm and they claim there's only room for 2x 2.5" ssd, yet from the looks, you could fit 4x in that area. 1x optical, yet that optical bay could fit 2x inside, it's that tall, just not outside.

From a modding standpoint, you could easily drop in an optical with a hdd underneath in that double deep bay, lose the entire 2.5 and 3.5 center/lower drive bays, attach the ssd to the motherboard tray, have any size gpu and all kinds of unrestricted airflow.

Just because a case is designed a certain way, doesn't mean it has to remain that way.

Last edited: