[SOLVED] GPU does't show display after new CPU installed

DelverDPM

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
So i just bought a new CPU (Core i5 6400) after I installed it to my mobo, I see no sign of display on my monitor. Although i have tried it with my older CPU ( Intel Pentium G4560 LGA 1151) The computer seems to show display. I've tried getting into my bios from my old CPU switching the main display to the onboard graphics (Integrated graphics). After that I switched the old CPU with the new CPU(again).I was able to start my computer from a VGA and just to see "What the heck is going on and if this mobo is actually reading the CPU" Well turns out with a horrible resolution, i managed to find out that CPU-Z was able to pick up the new CPU (Core I5) but was not able to pick up the graphics card. So up to this point I'm kinda dead inside and seeking help here.

Note: The GPU and CPU fans spins but still no display even when the computer didn't detect the GPU , the GPU fans were on.

The Bios is up to date, I've updated it with a flash yesterday when this started.

The only way to show display again is to apply my old CPU, change the bios settings to use integrated graphics and switch out the cpu with for the new one and use integrated graphics from there.

Hardware:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU(old)
Intel Pentium @ 3.50GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB
Motherboard
ASRock B250M-HDV (CPUSocket)

Graphics
VA26LHDTV10T (1804x1026@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ZOTAC International)
Storage
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-61L9A0 (SATA )
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )
Bios Version
p2.50
CPU(new)
Intel Core i5-6400 SR2L7 2.70 GHZ
PSU
EVGA 430W

Solution
Several things:
Although the integrated graphic of the 6th and 7th generation is very inferior to your discrete graphic, it is fully capable of showing with the resolution of any monitor. That can happen is if you had never used it, it is using very inefficient drivers. Allow "windows update" to update this driver and you will see your monitos with normal resolution.

If you have indicated in bios that you use the integrated graph it is normal that CPU-Z does not show the discrete graph.

Sometimes when handling the PC inadvertently touch the graphic card and stop working by making bad contact or losing the power of 6/8 pins. Remove your graphics card and replace it carefully.

It is possible (it is not safe) that your motherboard will...
Several things:
Although the integrated graphic of the 6th and 7th generation is very inferior to your discrete graphic, it is fully capable of showing with the resolution of any monitor. That can happen is if you had never used it, it is using very inefficient drivers. Allow "windows update" to update this driver and you will see your monitos with normal resolution.

If you have indicated in bios that you use the integrated graph it is normal that CPU-Z does not show the discrete graph.

Sometimes when handling the PC inadvertently touch the graphic card and stop working by making bad contact or losing the power of 6/8 pins. Remove your graphics card and replace it carefully.

It is possible (it is not safe) that your motherboard will automatically switch to integrated graphics card option when you replace it.

Remember to load the optimized bios values every time you change cpu.

Solution

Rexer

Distinguished

Curious what his resolved was. Good on you.