Question [GPU Driver Issue] ASUS Dual Arez 8GB

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Hello community,

Today I had and still having issues with games like WoT, GTA 5. I'm getting crashes, also in total 2 BSOD's related to drivers[graphics].

I checked in device manager to update my RX 580 8GB drivers through windows, it says the latest drivers were installed already.

Tried, unistalling the drivers, rebooting the pc, and click Update on the Windows for automatically installing it. Afterwards again reboot. And it's the same, keep getting crashes.

In Friday i was on the PC, no problems with the games, yesterday(Saturday) i was off whole day and today(Sunday) when I turned on the PC and start playing WoT/GTA 5 I was getting crashes often and often. Everything is related to drivers.

I have installed AMD Radeon Software. Also 3rd party utilities and GPU Tweak II

My latest update on GPU driver was: 20.2(version), the new on which is recommended is 20.4(something like that), but nothing..

What need to do?Should I disable some settings?

It's terrible, i can't play games more than minute or two.

GPU: ASUS Arez Dual 8gb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 2x8GB RAM T-Force Delta 3200MHz
MB: ASRock Steel Legend B450

Reactions: randomquartz
Jun 23, 2020
The difference between pro and home versions has no impact on your problem. Good luck. Are you still on warranty? Did you buy the machine in one piece or did you build our yourself?

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
It maybe your HDD the problem.
Have you tried to installing the game on your SSD and play games from SSD.

Maybe.. I already forgot what things I did haha... Ehh, I think it's HDD as well because when I installed the windows, in my PC I did not have HDD disk available ( only :C ), and had to make it through Disk Management.

Edit; Tried with the latest 19.??.?? driver, played gta v like 4 minutes and it froze and threw me out of the game without any notification.

I'll try to contact them today and see what would happen. But i'm start doubting its from HDD.

HDD is: Toshiba HDWD110 - 1TB

Last edited:

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Try any games and install it on your SSD. You dont need to that on clean windows..

Example uninstall world of tank and install them on your ssd C drive then play WoT and see if it crashes.

Tried World of Tanks, its the same, got two crashes for one game. Also dont know what cause this - after the first crash/threw me out of the game/, I was about to log in again but my PC just restarted by itself without any command by my side, like outta nowhere.

Second crash - just got notification about the crash and thats it.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Update: I tried to install the windows again, clean installation. Deleted the partitions, clicked New on SSD and HDD, installed the windows on SSD. Checked for updates, got some and restarted the PC. I was about to click on Microsoft Edge to download opera browser and I got bsod - Irql not less or equal....

P.s noticed 2 restarts or so after installation ( in part - We make some important things or something like that ).

and i noticed while doing that restarts, on the loading page(motherboard ASRock logo) I got message below the logo - Scanning and repairing (//?? Volume ......) Couldn't see more because it's like 1 second and this text/message disappearing.

Very weird, I did not open the pc, but does it have other slots for hdd and ssd? I would change them, asking because I'm not into this, as I said before, the PC was assembled by them. I asked one guy from the company why im getting usb icon (when you click on the up arrow where you can see programs's icon, this is nearby the mixer- hope you got it ) and on this usb when i click im having option to Eject Toshiba HDWD110, a.k.a my HDD and he told me it's because of the port, if i change port it could disappear. But could not fix anything.

Last edited:

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

Maybe its one of your 3rd Party driver causing BSOD..
If not try replace the PSU.

Hello,

Installed FiveM, got 2 crash and 1 bsod(kernel security......)
The first crash was FiveM Error, second one crash told me AMD GPU Drivers encounter error, it's all about gpu drivers but i'm installing them from AMD manufacturer.

I'm desperate, I doubt it's hardware issue, since i got crash and the reason was gpu driver..

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Hello,

Installed FiveM, got 2 crash and 1 bsod(kernel security......)
The first crash was FiveM Error, second one crash told me AMD GPU Drivers encounter error, it's all about gpu drivers but i'm installing them from AMD manufacturer.

I'm desperate, I doubt it's hardware issue, since i got crash and the reason was gpu driver..

Have you tried driver from Asus itself?

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Have you tried driver from Asus itself?

Before yes, but after the hardware GPU diagnostic from the service, they told me to install AMD, not ASUS. I'll give it a try now. Will run in safe mode DDU and unistall the drivers and install in normal mode from asus.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Tried also with radeon version 19.2.2 [ found in google that its the best version for rx 580 ] and after 2 mins in fivem i got bsod - Page fault in nonpaged area.
Ye its FiveM problem. just look at fivem support forum.. Its not the driver problem, but the game client itself.
If you play other game you wont have any bsod or crashing.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Ye its FiveM problem. just look at fivem support forum.. Its not the driver problem, but the game client itself.
If you play other game you wont have any bsod or crashing.

Played world of tanks, for 1-2 games nothing, on the other one i got blackscreen and after restarting i played like 1 minute and i got crash.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Played world of tanks, for 1-2 games nothing, on the other one i got blackscreen and after restarting i played like 1 minute and i got crash.

Its your Power Supply has problem. Your GPU is not getting enough Power from it. if your getting blackscreen and crashed. if you can play fine on lower end games that does not consume that much of power and doesnt crash, but when you play a demanding game that will consume a lot of power then it crash, it would be psu..

the best way is to limit your RX 580 fps to 60 using Power Chill on Radeon Software.

Last edited:

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Its your Power Supply has problem. Your GPU is not getting enough Power from it. if your getting blackscreen and crashed. if you can play fine on lower end games that does not consume that much of power and doesnt crash, but when you play a demanding game that will consume a lot of power then it crash, it would be psu..

the best way is to limit your RX 580 fps to 60 using Power Chill on Radeon Software.

I tried to google psu calculator and went to outevision, wrote my cpu/gpu/ram slots, my hdd and my ssd and it said approx. 480W since mine is Kolink 600W. Am I calculating something wrong or im using bad side for calculation?

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020

I tried Min FPS 35 and Max FPS as you said to 60fps and tried in World of tanks, got crash again.